Thursday 18 August 2016

Summer Holiday Make-up Essentials

Earlier this year I was lucky enough to be in a beachy paradise for my honeymoon, all that feels like a bit of a distant memory now, especially given the not so great Summer weather here in the UK. For those of you who still have a holiday to take, or just want to know what beauty bits I took with me here's a quick edit...



I like to use something light and fresh for perfume during the day whilst on holiday (in contrast to my usual favourite heavier perfumes) Eau Dynamisante by Clarins is a favourite I come back to year after year. It's packed with zesty essential oils like lemon and white tea. Less a perfume and more a body treatment as it firms tones and moisturises the skin, the original scent for me will always smell of Summer. 


When space is at a premium in your case (anyone else have trouble packing lightly?) I like to keep things really simple when it comes to base and tend not to bother with a foundation when on holiday as it tends to slide right off. On this trip I opted for the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer which gives the skin a gorgeous golden glow and dewy look which I love, it's subtle, and not like a crazy tin- man type highlighter against your tan, this stuff is seriously chic. On top whilst working on my tan I add a bit of Nars Laguna Bronzer. The primer can be used alone or with your favourite foundation if you want a bit more coverage.




For eyes, in a hotter climate I love to go for a pencil or a cream as they are so easy and quick to apply. I chose bronzed golden tones to compliment my tan with shadow creamsticks from Rimmel and Kiko
I always pack a palette as well to save space and to change up my eye shadow or go for a stronger look at night this Cocoa Blend one from Zoeva is perfect.


As a lipstick addict it was difficult for me to whittle it down to just a few products but I went for a couple of nude lip liners from Rimmel, a Bourjois velvet matte, Rimmel matte lipstick and two YSL lipsticks. I find hot pink or orange works really well if you tan easily, but any bright lip will do if you want a quick and easy look for night time and cant be bothered doing a smokey eye, just add your favourite mascara and go!




On my nails I went for Revlon Colourstay Gel Envy Nailpolish in Get Lucky, a bright coral. used with my favourite Seche Vite top coat and Orly Bonder base coat this stayed put, despite being put through it's paces in the water and on the beach every day, although I did take the bottle for the odd touch up. So there you have it, my philosophy after years of packing for summer holidays is take less than you think you will need, as I have so often went away with loads of products only for them to sit unused in the hotel room. A tan, and a happy, relaxed holiday smile usually mean you don't need much make up to look and feel good, and who wants to spend hours getting your make up on when you could be out exploring/swimming/sunbathing/dancing/doing whatever takes your fancy....? Happy Holidays!







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig