Sunday 13 April 2014

Aesop Fabulous Face Cleanser


Here's a quick post on a facial cleanser I have been using for the past month...


As a self confessed addict of all things beauty and an avid watcher of online beauty blogger tutorials and hauls, I am always on the lookout for new skincare products to try, (who am I kidding? I am always on the lookout for products, full stop). I thought I would try out this cleanser from Australian brand Aesop. You can read all about the brand and their ethos, as well as checking out their products here

As previously mentioned on the blog I have skin which is on the more dehydrated side. I love the feel of a wash off cleanser, especially in the mornings, but often find that foaming cleansers leave my skin feeling tight and stripped of moisture...horrible.



Aesop's Fabulous Face Cleanser is packed with natural ingredients like Rosemary Leaf to invigorate and cleanse and Chamomile Bud to calm the skin. To protect the ingredients inside from damaging UV rays, the products are packed in brown glass, which allows them to use fewer preservatives. I like the old school almost chemist like look of this but find it a bit annoying having to pour the product out rather than it having a pump.

Onto the product. It's a clear gel which has a lovely botanical herbal smell, and you only need a little amount mixed with water to cleanse your face.



It has a low foaming formula, which is perfect for slightly drier skins, and skins which are sensitive or acne prone as they would also be irritated by this.




A bit of warm water and your skin feels fresh and clean without that aforementioned too tight/dry feeling. For me, my skin is pretty dry so I definitely still needed my usual nourishing moisturiser afterwards.


I have enjoyed using this in the mornings but prefer a more heavy duty cream/oil to take my make up off at night. It's definitely made me want to give other Aesop products a go. At £33.00 it isn't cheap and I am undecided as yet whether to go back to my Nuxe honey based cleanser but am going to give this a go for a few more weeks and see how I get on. I would say this cleanser is best for normal to only very slightly dry/sensitive skins.

Aesop is available from Cult Beauty

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. the bottle is so nice! reminds me of those chemicals in my old school laboratory!
    Shame that the cleanser is most suited towards those with normal-dry skin, off to browse the link to see whether there's one for me!
    Anita @ AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I think the packaging is pretty quirky :) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, I only good things about aesop. I know not everyone like the herbal scents but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't mind it too much, it's not too overpowering :) x

      Delete
  3. i'm definitely interested in your review a few weeks into using this face wash - I'm trying to find one that really helps to cleanse and smooth out my skin <3

    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP | Coachella Style Inspo
    RASSP | Contemporary Easter Recipe

    ReplyDelete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig