Friday 4 October 2013

Nars Larger Than Life Lipgloss in Penny Arcade



Whilst buying a present for a friend's birthday I treated myself to this little beauty (this always happens to me, I'm supposed to be shopping for someone and I end up buying myself something, as well as what I originally went in for, well, just... because... right?)


This lipgloss, I was reliably informed by the lovely girl in the NARS counter, was part of the Andy Warhol range brought out last year. Penny Arcade is a raspberry plummy shade, that's just the sort of colour I love wearing as a bright-ish (but alternative to red) lip. The product's name, Penny Arcade, is apparently named after a performance artist who featured in one of Andy Warhol's films in the 70's.



The applicator is a short bristled brush, which is apparently for more precise application but I have to confess I tend to just layer lipgloss on and am not as precise with it as I am with lipstick. However, this is useful as it it a highly pigmented gloss and it does help ease the application, especially if your lips are a little on the smaller side.





The formula itself feels so thick and luxurious on the lips, and has excellent staying power despite being super glossy. It went on smoothly and evenly.  It is high shine and high impact in terms of colour and lasted a good 2-4 hours on me without (this may vary for some other people, for example if they were wearing this to dinner and they were eating and drinking lots I imagine it would wear off sooner, but I was still impressed compared to other glosses I've tried) 


I found the blueish undertones of this really flattering in terms of making your teeth appear slightly whiter, in the swatch I have just put one layer on my skin to show you but obviously if you want more shine and dramatic colour and gloss you can build it up, or for a really full on look layer it over a similar shade of lipstick, MAC's Rebel or Girl About Town perhaps?


 The Larger than Life glosses come in 18 different shades and are priced at £19, which isn't exactly a bargain, but the formula is really impressive. Available from NARS counters.








SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I like the color a lot. Nice post!

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog, I started following you :)

    http://teklalla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's sweet of you to say :) x

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! Definitely going on my wishlist now! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ill have to try this out... I have followed you xx

    Say Hi to me at: http://channichic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:)

    Check mines If you want we can follow each other ? www.violetameynell.com

    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!! "

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this lipgloss now, love it soooo much. A really nice blog, I need a button to follow you right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou fo your comment and glad you like the blog! :) there are follow buttons for bloglovin, gfc, instagram etc so you can keep up with new posts! xx

      Delete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig