Monday 7 October 2013

Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate



Had to share a quick post on my new favourite skincare product, and I don't say that lightly! I have never tried something and seen a difference in my skin so quickly. Read on to find out more about this little gem of a serum...


I recently went to an "itison" event at Kiehls which for £5 involved a glass of fizz, a rather tasty cupcake and the opportunity to have a mini facial whilst chatting to the staff and learning about the products in store. Not bad for a wet and windy Thursday afternoon in Glasgow! So I went along not knowing what to expect as I haven't tried any of Kiehls skincare before.  I want to stress I was under no obligation to purchase anything, I didn't tell the staff I was a blogger, and I really liked the relaxed but informative approach they took (this was in House of Frasers, Glasgow) after stuffing my face with the cupcake and downing the fizz, I had a short mini facial...within minutes my dry skin felt as soft and smooth as a baby's. So armed with a long list of the products used on my face, I was determined to take advantage of Frasers 10% off "mega day" they were having across all brands. The event was pre payday for me so I could only purchase one product and I decided to get the Midnight Recovery Concentrate on the recommendation from Kiehls counter staff that this would give me the quickest and best results if I was going to just pick one thing. 



 The clue is in the name as this is a night serum to be used underneath your night cream (if you have dry skin like me) or on its own if your skin is a bit more oily. The packaging is in keeping with the old world pharmacy type packaging of the brand, incorporating a recycled glass bottle and the cardboard box is recycled material too. The dropper applicator allows just the right amount of product to be dispense in your hand, and keeps everything hygienic.



The serum/oil works overnight to replenish moisture levels in the skin and leave it younger and plumper looking by morning. It contains 99.8% naturally derived ingredients, including essential oils like Evening Primrose and Lavander (great for relaxing you at night). Kiehls say "Enriched with Squalane, Evening Primrose Oil, Omega-6 Fatty Acids and Essential Oils including Lavender, our formula provides a boost of intensive moisture to dehydrated skin. The formula instantly penetrates the skin surface to help replenish it with moisture."



All you need is 2-3 drops to cover your face, I like to warm the product in my hands and massage it in, inhaling the relaxing soothing scent. I have been using this now for about 3 weeks every night as part of my skincare routine and have definitely noticed  difference in the texture of my skin. In the mornings it feels smoother and softer, with less dry patches. I feel as if putting it under my night cream really gives it an extra moisture boost but doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or oily as it absorbs really well (This is a picture of it rubbed into the back of my hand, to show that it doesnt leave a big oily trail behind.

 I can see why this makes the top ten customer favourites list (According to the Kiehls website) as it really has stopped my skin looking tired and a bit dull in the colder weather. It's definitely become a crucial part of my nighttime skincare routine as I love the results. Kiehls were great about giving my little samples of other products to try in little sachets before committing to buying full sized products so this may be worth a try the next time you are near a counter. Definitely try a few drops of this on your hands to see what it's like.

A 30ml bottle costs £36 which should last a while as you literally only need 2-3 drops.

Has anyone else tried this? What do you think?



SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I always walk the past Kiehls counter because I think it's too expensive for me, but the amount of product you get for the price and the little that you use sure sounds like as if it's worth it. Will probably nip in for a sample to test it out first.

    Great post!

    Salli
    xxx
    www.embracingtheenchanted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They were pretty good about giving smaples to try before committing to buying a product :) x

      Delete
  2. yes you are right about this product. I use this every night and love it
    http://www.ambifashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good isn't it? My skin is loving it just now :) x

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to try this and evn more now think i may add this to my christmas list

    New followers

    We have a giveaway on our blog of Mac, Benefit and Urban Decay if you want to join

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely skincare product :) I'll be sure to check out your blog! x

      Delete
  4. Such a great informative blog you have here!♥
    AIMEROSE.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC (222), would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll be sure to check out your blog :) x

      Delete
  6. Thank you for commenting! I'll be sure to stop by your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig