Sunday 14 April 2013

Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream


 Regular readers of the blog will know I have a fondness for products that smell sweet, rich and buttery. So, when in Superdrug yesterday I picked up this lip butter from Nivea in Caremel Cream. Usually I am a bit sceptical about certain lip balms/treatments and worry they won't be that moisturising on my lips. My favourite lip balms are Burt's Bees, Nuxe and good ol Carmex. However I thought I would give this a go.

 The packaging is a slim little tin which is easy to carry around, the butter itself has a medium creamy consistency. The formula contains Shea Butter and Almond oil to help moisturise and nourish the lips.
 The smell is add you would expect, sweet but didn't have a deep caramel or strong smell (which I wouldn't have minded to satisfy my craving for sweet caramel smells!)


When applied to the skin it leaves a bit of a sheen but no colour so it's nice if you just want a natural subtle shine to the lips.


The little tins are priced at £1.99 in Superdrug and come in Original and Raspberry Rose flavours. I would say that it's a nice alternative balm for when your lips aren't extremely dry or cracked (as then I would use something with a thicker consistency), but it's perfect for adding  a bit of moisture and sheen.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love this! I use it all the time and think its much better than normal Vaseline x

    Theres a YSL Lipstick to be won over at my blog if you would like to enter? x

    ..F A S H E R N A B L Y - L A T E..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed it is way better than Vaseline :) x

      Delete
  2. nice! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be something I would use before bed or something at home. I don't particularly enjoy products I have to stick my finger in on the go lol.

    Personally, I probably wouldn't go for this, I've notice the cute little tin lip products I have barely get used!

    -Chrissy of crashbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig