Monday 25 February 2013

Tom Ford Lipstick in Cherry Lush



 I have been lusting after a Tom Ford lipstick for nearly a year now after I first tried one on whilst visiting a friend in London and we were wandering around a department store's beauty hall. Since then I've ummed and ahhed over the expense (these lippies are £36 each so definitely a luxury item for me and something which I had to ponder over before buying) but recently I decided to just go for it and purchase one after payday. I wasn't disappointed. 

The shade I chose was Cherry Lush, here's what the advertising blurb says about these lipsticks..." Each Lip Colour is Tom Ford's modern ideal of an essential makeup shade. Rare and exotic ingredients including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil create an ultra–creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated colour pigments are blended to deliver pure colour with just the right balance of luminosity."




Firstly, the packaging is extremely luxurious, chic looking and sturdy, with gorgeous gold metal deep maroon/brown casing. The square tube had a kind of retro feel and definitely looks glamorous resting on my dressing table. This is packaging you'll want to show off.



Cherry Lush is a bright, cool- toned red. Sometimes it looked strawberry on my skin and in other light it was more of a deep cherry. It was really flattering on the skin and it's blue tone made my teeth look whiter. 






 The formula itself is highly pigmented and went on very smoothly. It felt really comfortable on the lips and not at all drying despite the amazing colour payoff. The colour was opaque and creamy with a demi-matte finish and one application lasted around 3-5 hours without bleeding or budging.




 My lips looked full and really fabulous with this colour on them and I just loved the shade so much. Whilst spending this amount on a lipstick is not something everyone would do, or see the point of doing, I absolutely loved this lipstick and I'm glad I treated myself to one after lusting after it for so long. Despite the gorgeous packaging I found the formula to be amazing and loved the colour on my lips, (which is more important than any packaging really)

It's a gorgeous glamorous treat of a lipstick. Now, if I can just stop myself from lusting after another one.... the coral one IS really pretty for Summer....

Tom Ford lipsticks are priced at £36 and are available online at Selfridges and at House of Frasers





SHARE:

5 comments

  1. WOW this is gorgeous! I would actually hate to use it though as its too pretty to ruin lol
    xxx

    http://thebigburd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) it's just as lovely to use as it looks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lipstick, great colour. I would love to be able to spend the money on this. Great review xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey beautiful :) I love your little comment about blue undertones making your teeth look whiter - this is so true! Handy little tips if you want extra white looking teeth. Aside from that, I've wanted a TF lipstick for ages too and although they are expensive at the end of the day you definitely get what you pay for which doesn't make you feel THAT guilty, ha ha! I love that colour too, gorgeous.

    Thank you for sharing lovely.
    Lots of love ❤
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig