Saturday 2 March 2013

MAC Lipstick in "Brave" my Back 2 MAC freebie!




  
Some of you may know about the Back to MAC scheme where you can take in 6 empty primary packages from MAC to be recycled and get any lipstick of your choice in return! This includes limited edition lipsticks but not the Viva Glam ones as 100% of the price of those go towards organisations that help people living with HIV/AIDS. You can return both limited edition products and Viva Glam products as part of your empties and your products don't need to be completely empty if you are returning them, so you can return products you no longer use etc.





I chose the colour Brave, (a satin formula) a nude pinky matte lipstick I had seen used in some tutorials by my Toutube favourites Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr. It's a muted really pretty colour which is perfect for everyday wear, or when you just want you lips to look polished and classic. You can see from the swatch that it's really opaque, the formula glided onto my skin and felt comfortable.





 I love this scheme by MAC and wish more brands did something similar as it really encourages recycling and trying out different shades/products. So get saving your empties! 
 
 The following are not accepted as packaging at MAC: 
  • Any secondary packaging ie paper boxes, plastic wrappers and shopping bags.
  • Samples and trial sized products
  • Cosmetic applicators, sponges, tweezers and disposable applicators
  • Accessories such as bags and make up cases
But you can take in pretty much anything else! I took in several empty eye-shadow compacts, an old lipstick, an empty eye-make up remover bottle and an foundation bottle.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. MAC's Back2MAC program is wonderful, IMO. I've already redeemed one free lipstick, but I think I have another one to redeem soon. I'll probably grab something for my sister or my mother or a friend!
    Lovely lipstick. I love wearing browns and this looks wonderful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I agree, it's such a great scheme, wish other brands would do it too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah! Just chucked a foundation bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Oh well, at least next time you can put it aside and save them up :) x

      Delete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig