Sunday 6 January 2013

MUA Blush Perfection Cream Blusher in "Bittersweet"


 I have been a fan of MUA for quite a while now as it has some incredible bargains, lots of bloggers may be aware of their fab eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks which are really good value (£1 for a lipstick?? here's one of my dupe reviews) I have already tried out their powder blushes see my review here so thought I would give the new cream formulas a go.
I really like cream blusher as find that it melts into the skin and gives a really nice finish |(plus if you have normal/dry skin like mine it can sit better than powder)
"Bittersweet" looks like a warm peach/pink colour in the pan, however was much cooler toned when applied to the skin. The formula itself is very sheer, but buildable. Unlike other cream blushers I've tried I found the texture to be less creamy and more thin and slippery, like a bad lip balm!
Because of this, I didn't have much hope for great colour pay-off of longevity on the skin. However, I was surprised as it's pretty pigmented and due to the texture I found that I could build up the colour. 
 The finish was glossy (I personally like a dewy look to my skin as it's normally dry but this may not be for everyone, also I'm not too sure how this blusher would sit on those with oilier skin, as it may just slide right off without a primer, it's not that advisable to set with powder over a cream and mix up the textures on the face, and doing this would lose the cream/dewy finish, so I would just use powder where needed on the t-zone and leave the cheeks where the blush is applied) The MUA site states that the blushes can be "set" with a matching powder blush if people wish to do that.
I thought this blusher was pretty good for the price (£2) but that it may not have much staying power, plus if you really want a pop of bright colour there are other cream blushers out there that will give you this, albeit for more than £2. It's nice for a subtle bit of colour on the cheeks and you can build the colour intensity to suit you, although I don't think you will get a really bright result if you are looking for this. I will definitely be purchasing another shade in this formula to try out as I loved the subtle glossy finish it gave to my dull, Winter skin. There are four shades in the range at present, ranging from this pink, to peach, rose/pale peach and a darker more bronzer like brick toned blush. They are available now online and in Superdrug stores.
What do you think? Has anyone tried these yet?


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This blusher looks really nice. I haven't tried many MUA products but now i'm really tempted.

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try out MUA, lots of bargains to be had!

      Delete
  2. I got one of those and it was ok but would pick a topshop one over this any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not tried those yet will need to check them out :)

      Delete
  3. That color looks so pretty, too bad it doesnt have great staying power.. I haven't tried MUA too but I have been wanting to try them for a while now..



    YURI
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Their eyeshadows and lipsticks are really good bargains, and I think the powder blush is pretty good too :) x

      Delete
  4. I have this Blusher and I think it is gorgeous! So cheap, I do wish that it would last a tad longer than it does!
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a great bargain but wish it lasted longer! x

      Delete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig