Saturday 20 October 2012

Impress Press on Nails in Rated R


Some readers may remember a post I did about these nails before a while ago here after getting them in a Glossybox.
 I am not a regular wearer of false nails, I tend to keep my natural nails short and paint them often, as I get fed up and change polish colours regularly, but I really like these after trying them out a few times. I've been really really surprised by how easy these were to use!


  Plus points for these nails are that there is no glue to mess around with, the nails are pre- glued and you just peel off the plastic strip before pressing them to your own nails. (The pack comes with a little prep wipe for your nails before you apply) They are so simple to use it only took me a few minutes to apply them making them great for when you are in a rush and want good looking nails fast without waiting for them to dry, or faffing about with nail glue of you usually wear falsies.


 I didn't have to cut or file them down. There are 24 nails in each pack compromising of different sizes and widths so you should be able to find something to fit. My own nails are pretty small but I was able to find a match for each finger. One tip I would give is to find matches for all your fingers before applying and peel the plastic off every nail before you start applying, this can prove a bit fiddly once you start applying nails and trying to peel the plastic off!
 The end result was shiny uniform looking nails in minutes with no drying time or messy glue. The nails were durable (Impress claim they last up to a week) and survived me wearing them to work, typing on the computer all day etc. When I took them off I couldn't believe how easy it was! You just peel them off at the sides- this is easier if you apply a bit of nail polish remover to them and voila! My own nails were undamaged and perfectly fine afterwards!! I was amazed, they were maybe a little dry but in no way damaged, sticky or peeling as they can be when I have tried to remove nails applied with glue before. I usually find removal a pain and really messy and time consuming but these nails were quick and easy to take off and didn't leave my natural nails in a mess. Which is great if you are like me and  change your nail colour often.

  
 The nails come in 36 styles, and have a vast selection of solid colours and fun patterns. Nicole Scherzinger is currently the face of the collection- you may have seen the TV and magazine adverts. They are available in Boots and Superdrug in the UK and you can read all about them and see the colour selection on their website here. I was really pleased with these and would definitely repurchase them for a quick easy manicure for a night out/holiday. No fuss or mess just pretty snazzy looking nails! The solid colour nails are priced at £7.99 and the patterned ones are £8.99 (cheaper than a trip to the salon!) Has anyone else tried these or do you have a different favourite acrylic nail brand?




SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Read quite a lot about them, I really like the concept but my local boots are always out of stock!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! That is annoying. Hopefully you'll get to try them out soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. They look excellent! I must try them out xxx

    Tia xxx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah they are so easy to use and give a great result. I much prefer them to false nails you have to use glue with... :) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love these, they are so easy to use :) x

      Delete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig