Sunday 22 October 2017

Glossier Review


It's finally arrived! Been wanting to get my hands on some Glossier products for a while now but had to just satisfy myself from lusting after them for afar...until now as they are now shipping to the UK. Just take all my money. Here are my thoughts on what I have purchased.


Perfecting Skin Tint: This is a sheer liquid tint that gives glowy, barely there coverage for days when you kind of want to go for a no make up make up look and your skin is behaving itself (this coverage is super natural so may not address what a fuller coverage base would) I picked up the shade Dark as I am olive skinned and this seem to work pretty well for me. One thing I love about the Glossier website is that it lets you see pics and mini videos of what the products look like on different skin tones. Always helpful when ordering online! My only bugbear is that you have to squeeze pretty hard to get the product out, but you know, I can live with it. Definitely one for good skin days and when you want to have just a hint of a tint.

Boy Brow: This is one of the company's best sellers and I can see why. It's brow pomade is applied with a teeny, tiny, mascara brush and fills in and tames any rogue brows without leaving them feeling crispy or too "done". I picked up Brown, but it comes in different shades and in clear in case you don't want to add colour.

Haloscope: This balm stick highlighter comes with a moisturising vitamin balm core which ensures that it glides on smoothly. I really liked the feel of this on my skin as I tend to favour liquid and cream highlighters over powders. I'm not sure how people with an oilier skin type would find it but I really like this subtle sheen. No glitter or tin-man highlighter vibes here... just good GLOW. I picked up the shades Moonstone and Quartz. Below is Quartz, a pink sheen. Moonstone is a subtle, lighter, silvery shade which is equally beautiful. 


Stretch Concealer: I love this creamy, blendable, buildable concealer. Great for under the eye area and although I mainly use it after applying foundation, you could just dab this on areas you need it, and go without foundation if you felt that was enough. I don't find that it settles into my fine lines under the eyes, and I have found once set with a light dusting of powder, it doesn't budge. Again due to the creamy texture this is great for normal to dry skins. 

Balm dotcom: This is wonderful. A multipurpose waxy, dense balm that gives uh-mazing moisture without being shiny which I really like. I picked up Rose, which is slightly pink tinted and smells heavenly and Birthday, which smells like vanilla cake and has small subtle shimmer particles inside. These are great but my only issue is I would love it if the tubes were bigger, at £10 each I was a bit disappointed to see the were only 15mls, however, a little goes long way, but if you are about to get addicted and get all the flavours (like I feel I am about to) this can be pricey (although you can get a set of three on the website and save some pennies).

Cloud Paint: This light gel like blusher is easy to blend (just apply and buff out with fingertips) buildable and gorgeously natural, it lends a healthy natural looking flush to the cheeks. I really love these, pictured below is the shade Dusk, a perfect tawny pink, and I have since picked up the shade Beam, which is a gorgeous peachy colour. 



 Generation G Sheer Matte Lipstick: This is a sheer wash of colour, no shine, and provided a barely there just blotted (or just been kissed) flush of colour. Great for those who want not too much pigment, moisture but still a little somethin' somethin'. I picked up Zip, which is a lovely zingy red.



There you have it! Really happy with what I picked up and no regrets about anything I bought. I would say that the range seems like it will suit most skin types, but those with normal to dry skin will especially love the textures and glow- giving vibes of the products. I would hazard a guess that this is not for anyone wanting to look too "done" or sculpted, but for a natural, sexy, pared back look... this is the one. I have already found myself reaching for Boy Brow, Stretch Concealer, Cloud Paint and Balm Dotcom on a daily basis since I got my hands on them. Also, if you are thinking of making a purchase you can get 10% off your order by clicking on this link which is even better! What are your favourites? I'd love to hear what you have tried. :) 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig