Saturday 3 May 2014

MAC Lipstick in "All Fired Up"



If there is one bright lipstick I have been gravitating towards this past couple of weeks it's been this little beauty. Matte, pink, zingy...I'm in love!


I am partial to a pink MAC lipstick and other old favourites of mine are Girl About Town and Impassioned, a fuchsia and an orange toned pink respectively. All Fired Up is a bright matte true red/pink shade which is lovely and pigmented when applied to the skin. It is part of the Retro Matte shades available at MAC, and I'm definitely having a lot of love for bright matte lipsticks at the moment. I think they can look really fresh with pared down minimal make up on the rest of your face. A slick of mascara and sheer foundation/glowy skin is perfect.



I absolutely love the matte formulas for their finish but would always advise applying a lipbalm before application of the lipstick to avoid your lips feeling dried out. 

A good tip is to take some lip balm on a q-tip/cotton bud and roll it over your lips a few times, this helps get rid of any dry skin and provides a good smooth base for your lipstick (without being too slippy with lipbalm) this kind of formula will show up any imperfections on the lips to its best to exfoliate beforehand either with scrub or the less intense method I have described above with a cotton bud. 
This lipstick is long wearing and has been a bit of a go-to choice for me over the past few weeks for fresh Spring- bright lips.

 

MAC lipsticks are priced at £15 and are available online and at counters nationwide.






SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Ooo I love that colour,its like the perfect pinky matte colour! Btw do you want to follow for follow? If you do just leave me a comment on my blog
    http://beautybyme09.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want want want! Gorgeous colour, bet it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I really like it, such a fab pink x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous shade and one that will look amazing with your colouring. Def getting added to my wish list.
    Jules from http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely been a favourite recently, such a great colour! x

      Delete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig