Friday 6 September 2013

August Favourites

As I type this I can hear the rain battering off the windows so it feels a little late perhaps to be writing about my August favourites. No matter, I'm going to do it anyway! It may just help me to remember the sunshine now that Autumn is definitely here. Here's a quick update of the products I was loving in August. 

Starting off with the face we have Stila Convertable colour in Gerbera. Don't be too put off by the bright orange shade of this in the pan, you only need a tiny amount to give a pop of colour to the cheeks and I tend to reach for this bright zingy colour more when I have a tan as it's really flattering. These lip and cheek colours come in lots of shades so there should be one to suit everyone and they last forever!

Then there is MAC pigment in Rose this rose gold colour is so beautiful on the eyes, it gives a metallic almost wet looks and just looks beautiful. Again you only need a tiny amount and can build up the colour as you want. My top tip? Apply a skin coloured primer first and pat the product on with a flat eyeshadow brush, a little at a time to give the product something to cling to (it's a very fine powder) and to avoid it going everywhere! A paint pot from MAC is ideal, or something like the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in a nude shade will really keep the pigment in place and make it last all day.

Next up is the fabulous Rimmel Scandaleyes paint in Rich Russet. This stuff is great, I took it on holiday with me and once it is on it does not budge. The colour is a sexy, sludgy, pewter shade which looks great lightly washed over the lid or more built up for a heavier smokey metallic eye paired with lashings of mascara and liner. It's waterproof, crease proof and hot weather proof!

My favourite gloss of August was Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Super Natural. It's a gorgeous pink nude which glides onto the lips, feels comfortable and not sticky, and wear off nicely. It just made my lips look like mine, but better. A great everyday gloss and I love the formula.





Onto the face and body we have Clarins Eau Dynamisante, this is a Summer "treatment fragrance" that I come back to every once in a while, it's fresh zingy unusual scent just reminds me of warm weather and definitely gives you a lift if you are feeling tired and in need to a boost. It's alcohol free, so it's a good one for warm weather. I also like to use it during the day at work as it really wakes you up and refreshes you.

Ambre Solaire Facial Mist and Garnier Summer Body have been boosting my tan post holiday and I love that you can build these products up depending on how deep a glow you want. The facial mist has a really fine spray so streaks and mistakes are minimised and the result is a natural looking sun kissed glow. 

Paul Mitchell's Awaphui Moisture Mist was a life saver for me on holiday. It's a hydrating spray that you can use on hair and skin to cool you down and give back a bit of lost moisture.

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hr Cream is a standard beauty staple for lots of people all year round, myself included, but on holiday I used it lots on my cuticles, and as a lip balm. It's also great for chapped and dry skin which is made worse by the sun and the dry air on the plane!

There you have it, my Summer-y August favourites. Have any of these been your Summer Saviour?





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig