Saturday 24 August 2013

Tom Ford lipstick in True Coral


Back in February I blogged about buying my first Tom Ford lipstick and I was really lucky to receive this one as a present for my birthday (they are quite pricey and definitely more of a luxury item for me). Thanks to it's amazing colour I thought I would write about it now for the way it really compliments tanned skin.



Firstly, the packaging is extremely luxurious, chic looking and sturdy, with gorgeous gold metal deep maroon/brown casing which gives a satisfying "click" when you put the lid back on (I love that! Silly I know). The square tube had a kind of retro feel and definitely looks glamorous resting on my dressing table and when you take it out and about to reapply. This is packaging you'll want to show off.



Onto the formula, here's what the advertising blurb says about these lipsticks..." Each Lip Colour is Tom Ford's modern ideal of an essential makeup shade. Rare and exotic ingredients including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil create an ultra–creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated colour pigments are blended to deliver pure colour with just the right balance of luminosity."

 True Coral is a peachy, warm toned coral that is quite muted and less neon/bright looking than some other corals I have tried.


 The formula itself is highly pigmented and went on very smoothly. It felt really comfortable on the lips and not at all drying despite the amazing colour payoff. The colour was opaque and creamy with a demi-matte finish and one application lasted around 3-5 hours without bleeding or budging when blotted, and a couple of layers applied. 



 My lips looked full and really fabulous with this colour on them and I just loved the shade so much. Whilst spending this amount on a lipstick is not something everyone would do, or see the point of doing, I absolutely loved this lipstick and I'm glad I was lucky enough to get one as a present after I bought my first one and was raving about them! Yes the packaging is fabulous but I found the formula to be amazing and loved the colour on my lips, and the way it enhanced my tan after my holidays (which is more important than any packaging really)

It's a gorgeous glamorous treat of a lipstick, and I think that they are definitely worth the price as they are amazing quality. Now, if I can just stop myself from lusting after another one....

Tom Ford lipsticks are priced at £36 and are available online at Selfridges and at House of Frasers

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oh wow look at the packaging! Very luxurious. Lovely shade x

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel very glam when using this! :) X

      Delete
  2. wow!! what a really nice shade! :)
    I'm just new to your blog. x
    HerNameIsTrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous doesn't cover it! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well blow me £36! Maybe a tad pricey but your not wrong that colour is highly pigmented. Worth the money but a bit out of my budget XD

    Wendy | painttheukpink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's a luxury item for sure. That's why both of mine were birthday or Xmas presents :) you should check out the amplified finishes from MAC, I have the bright pink "Impassioned" and it's really nice. Or the NARS chubby lip pencils are fab. x

      Delete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig