Saturday 14 September 2013

Aqua Di Parma Aqua Nobile Gelsomino


In a bid to hold onto the last drop of Summer (let's face it in Scotland it's pretty much gone!) I've been spritzing one perfume more than usual recently. 

 

I don't know about you but I definitely have scents that I associate with times of the year, and have different perfumes for nights out than the one I may to work for example. This one is definitely a fresh light scent which is perfect for warm days and for when you want a "pick me up" sort of fragrance.

Aqua Di Parma is an old Italian perfume house who have been going since the early 1900's, they do a range of products including shaving sets, and candles but it's their colognes and perfumes for which they are perhaps best known. The packaging is luxurious and despite the company's traditional beginnings, I think it still looks contemporary.


 The bottle has an art deco clean line look to it, Aqua Di Parma state that all their bottles are handmade as are the strong paper "hatbox" style packages that they come in.


 Onto the fragrance itself. The first hit you get is one of freshness, it's citrussy, but soft, and the top notes are lemon, bergamot and mandarin which gives it that Summer pick me up vibe I was talking about. Then comes Neroli, Petitgrain and the beautiful heart of the perfume which is Jasmine flower. Jasmine is one of my favourite flowers scent wise and I absolutely love this as it's one of the few light floral fragrances I've found, most summer scents are just too sweet or lemony for my taste.

This seems to have a nice balance and fades into a soft musky scent as it wears off.  It is light and an EDT so doesn't have the staying power of an Eau de Parfum but it's perfect for days when you just want to feel fresh and smell fabulous! It's not the cheapest of perfumes, and this one was a present from my boyfriend but if you are looking to splash out on something a bit different and unique I would recommend trying this or putting it on a wishlist. I know I'll definitely will be putting the stronger smelling Gelsomino Nobile Eau De Parfum on my Christmas list as that smells amazing too! 



Aqua Di Parma Gelsomino Nobile is available from John Lewis EDT 125mls at £85






SHARE:

2 comments

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig