Wednesday 29 May 2013

MAC Lipstick in New York Apple



Fancy a new take on a red lipstick? The last time I was in MAC I asked one of the make up artists for a new red but something a bit different from what I already had, (Russian Red, Lady Danger...)
and she recommended this, New York Apple.
 At first I was really sceptical as I this lipstick is in a frost finish, which I have never bought before as frosted lipsticks give me the impression of looking really dated and unflattering. I'm happy to say that I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised to find that the colour is a wearable, plummy red which looks surprisingly bright and fresh on the skin.  The pinkish tones make it "pop" and it's muted shade makes it really easy and great to wear in the daytime as opposed to a more vivid bright matte lippy.



 This shade is perfect for when you want to wear a bright lip but not anything too bold. It's sheer and buildable, and with the slight frost, it has the added bonus of having different tones in different light. Whilst I don't think that I'll convert totally to frost finish lipsticks (as I still think some shades look pretty old fashioned and unflattering) New York Apple is a great addition to my red lipstick collection as it's different and totally easy to wear if you are a bit shy of a bright red!




MAC lipsticks are priced at £14 and are available at MAC counters nationwide.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig