Tuesday 13 November 2012

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl pencil in Nude- A dupe for NARS?


A few readers will remember a post I did a while back on the fabulous NARS Longwear Eyeliner pencil in Rue Bonaparte here the pencil is a nude colour to be used on the waterline to banish any redness and perk you up when you are looking tired. It really opens up the eyes and is more subtle than using a bright white liner. So I was amazed to find a great alternative from drugstore high street favourite, Rimmel as the NARS one costs £17.
Scandaleyes Nude 005 pencil is waterproof and very soft. It comes in at a more reasonable £3.99.
Rimmel state that their pencil withstands tears, sweat and humidity and is suitable for sensitive eyes as it's opthamologist and dermatologist tested. I would agree that the pencil really lasts and it didn't irritate my eyes (and I wear contacts a lot) I found that the liner lasted a good 4-6 hours on my waterline.
This first swatch is of the NARS pencil and the second one below shows the Rimmel pencil alongside it. 
You can see from the picture that the Rimmel one (on the right) is a bit paler on my skin but is pretty similar to NARS as a cheaper alternative.
The consistency of both pencils is very soft, and are easy to shave as they are in a plastic casing. (The NARS one has a twist up dial rather than having to shave it) Scandaleyes comes in a variety of shades including the standard black but also a bright blue and purple. It's formula is really creamy and soft and I'm so impressed with it for the price! I still love the NARS pencil but it's great to see a high street brand doing a pencil that's of great quality for a fraction of the cost. Scandaleyes is available from Boots, Superdrug and Rimmel stockists.


SHARE:

11 comments

  1. This looks really nice I always love knowing about a dupe. Thanks for letting me know!

    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It is always good to find good dupes :) x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this! They look so pigmented!
    EJButcher
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are really soft and feel good to use. I'm definitely going to invest in some other colours :) xx

      Delete
  3. This looks great! I need to try it :)
    Come check out my Friends Giveaway!
    Beauty by Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this please check out my blog having a giveaway when I get 100 followers www.elledeesbeauty.blogspot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review I'll check that one out!

    Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration!!

    I'm an instant follower of you now :)

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I'll be sure to check out your blog :) x

      Delete
  6. I'll be sure to check it out :) x

    ReplyDelete

© Naomi Make Up Artist. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig